Steelhead Fishing on the Main Salmon through the ‘River of No Return Wilderness, an unparalleled opportunity to float through the heart of Idaho while fishing for a world-class ocean run trout. Join us on a 6 day 5 night 60 mile adventure, navigating Class I-IV whitewater, visiting historical sights, and revelling in the wild-beauty of the canyon. Our customized Streamtech Rafts offer the safety of a raft and the performance of a drift boat. Each boat will accommodate 2 fisherman and a guide while the gear boats take all of the bulky equipment and set up camp. A full trip accommodates 8 guests.
The river can be fished with spinning gear or fly fishing gear from the boats and we’ll make stops to accommodate swinging streamers and or spey casting from shore. Timing is everything with the Steelhead. Typically, mid to late October and early November provides a good window to tap into the run. Both wild steelhead and hatchery steelhead are present in this stretch of water. All wild fish must be released immediately while the hatchery fish (w/ a clipped adipose fin) can be harvested.
Our guides are skilled boatmen and dedicated fishermen. They know where the fish will hold and how to best entice them. Steelhead are notoriously elusive which adds to the lore and lure of catching one of these powerful fish. As important, our guides are mature, caring and respectful individuals looking to share an amazing place and provide you with an experience of a lifetime.
Our trips are tailored to your interests. Do you enjoy camping under the stars and sitting by a campfire at night? Our standard itinerary provides for camping 4 nights along the river and one night at the Ram house at Mackay bar lodge (based on availability). While camping, if the weather necessitates, we will set up a wall tent for cooking and socializing. For sleeping we provide a roomy 4 person tent to accommodate 2. Want to enjoy more of the Historical River Lodges? Plan early enough and SOAR NW will work to accommodate your wishes. These lodges can book up early.
Salmon River Steelhead Fishing: Dates & Rates
|October||mid/late TBD||6 days||AVAILABLE|
|OCTOBER||mid/late TBD||6 days||AVAILABLE|
- TRIP COST: $2600.00 adult: We can accommodate 6-8 guests on these trips
- SECURITY DEPOSIT: $750.00 / person (group size 1-4)
- SECURITY DEPOSIT: $1000.00 / person (group size 5+)
- TRIP COST INCLUDES GUIDES, FOOD, SHUTTLE TO THE RIVER FROM MISSOULA, SLEEPING BAGS, SLEEPING PADS, DRY BAGS, DAY BAGS, AND TENTS.
- A $4.00 / person / day Recreational Enhancement Act Fee is included in the rate
- 3% of the company’s adjusted gross revenue are for a land use fee for operating on National Forest Lands
- NOT INCLUDED:
- Hotel stay pre and post trip in Missoula: $109.00 / night
- River Lodge Rates: $140.00 / night
- Flights, jet boat, and shuttle fees out of river corridor back to Missoula. Prices to be determined based on available options at time of reservation. ~$600.00 / person