Do you have rafting experience?
Maybe you did not get a lottery permit for the Main Salmon or maybe you just want to plan ahead with a specific launch date. Do you have all of the equipment necessary to outfit a whole trip? Do you have the skills and experience to run the Main Salmon safely? Let’s discuss your rafting history. Charter a complete trip with 14 guests or more. We will provide a “Lead Guide” to accompany you down the river.
Launch Dates available: July 10, July 18, Aug 27, Sept 4
SOAR Northwest now offers a streamlined ‘ROW YOUR OWN’ package. This means that those who take part in this trip will be provided with the skills and leadership of a commercial “Lead Guide” on a commercial launch with the affordability and community spirit of a private river trip.
This Trip is for participants who:
- Have previous rowing experience.
- Families who want to row their own rafts.
- Those who applied for the Main Salmon lottery and did not receive a permit but still wants a river trip this summer!
- Has the complete equipment requirements for a multi day river experience.
- Want to plan ahead and not worry about the lottery system.
- Want the knowledge and skill of a ‘lead boatman’ to accompany their private trip.
- Want to have fun!
ROW YOUR OWN Trip Responsibilities: (these are all typical for a ‘private river trip’)
- Each family/party will provide their own boat, frame, oars & 2 spares, straps for rigging, throw bag, bow & stern line, perimeter line, dry box(es) & cooler + ice.
- Bring your own tent, sleeping bag & pad, camp chair & dry bags
- Everyone will help with camp duties, kitchen support & the set-up/take-down of camp
- The group will be responsible for developing their own food preparation schedule for the entire group + 1 guide.
- Each family/group is responsible for organizing and paying for their own vehicle shuttle. (If possible, this can be a shared expense if parties are able to share a shuttle together.)
- The group will supply their own complete kitchen set-up: pots, pans, utensils, stove, fire pan, ash can, and potable water system
- Trash & Recycle system
- Toilet system
- A tarp set up for inclement weather or shade
What We Include & will be Providing / covering:
- Commercial Launch Date
- All USFS & Day Use fees per person
- 1 Professional Lead Guide
- 1 Major Medical Kit
- 1 Satellite Communication device
- PFD’s upon request
- Thorough group safety talk prior to launch
- Launch site logistics with the river rangers & choosing of campsites
** The lead boatman/guide will be leading the rafts down the river, through rapids, and providing scouting assistance where necessary. The lead guide will be able to share the experience and knowledge of the Main Salmon River with regard to; history, hiking, special places to visit and unique experiences on and off the river. The lead boatman will be assisting with camp chores and duties throughout the trip.
- Trip dates: July 10, July 18, Aug 27, Sept 4 / Please inquire for availability.
- $500.00 / person ** minimum 14 guests / maximum 16 guests (will accommodate smaller trips at a different cost / person)
- We will meet the afternoon before the launch date at the Corn Creek Launch site to rig boats and then camp overnight at the put-in for the next morning’s launch.
- Shuttle will be from Corn Creek Put-in to Carey Creek Take-out. (There are several shuttle companies that provide this service. We are happy to recommend a few upon request.)
- We have one 16 foot complete raft for rent. If you do not have your own boat or have difficulty borrowing a boat, Blackadar Boating in Salmon, Idaho rents complete set ups or individual boating equipment as needed.
We also have some extra river gear to rent; based on availability: dry bags, toilet system, tents, and sleeping bags