Do you have rafting experience?
Maybe you did not get a lottery permit for the Main Salmon … Do you have some equipment, but not enough to outfit a whole trip? Do you want the skills and experience of a licensed Lead Boatman to guide your group? Let’s discuss your rafting history and your ideas. Charter a complete trip with 14 guests or more. We will work with you to develop a customized commercial trip with the feel of a private trip.
Late July – August
SOAR Northwest now offers a ‘ROW YOUR OWN ’. This means that those who take part in this trip will have the best of both worlds: The safety and experience of a commercial trip with the affordability and community spirit of a private river trip.
This Trip is for Anyone Who
- Has previous rowing experience but feels rusty on the oars and would like some assistance with boat set-up, reading rapids and multi-day river logistics.
- Families who want to row their own raft share a river trip with their children but would like the extra safety of a professional guide.
- Applied for the Main Salmon lottery and did not receive a permit but still wants a river trip this summer!
- Has some river camp gear but lacks the entire set up for a multi day river experience.
- Wants to have fun!
(these are all typical for a ‘private river trip’)
- Each family/party will provide their own boat, frame, oars 2 spares, straps for rigging, dry box(es) cooler + ice. ~Bring your own tent, sleeping bag pad, camp chair dry bags
- Everyone will help with camp duties, kitchen support the set-up/take-down of camp
- Each party/family will be responsible for providing cooking 1 dinner 1 breakfast for the entire group. (Food for these meals will be maintained on personal boats)
- Each family/party will provide their own beverages, lunches and snacks each day.
- Each family/party is responsible for providing their own vehicle shuttle. (If possible, this can be a shared expense if parties are able to share a shuttle together.)
ROW YOUR OWN
What We Include / will be Providing:
- Commercial Launch Date
- All USFS Day Use fees per person
- 2 Professional Licensed Guides
- PFD’s, all safety equipment First Aid supplies
- Complete Kitchen set-up, equipment fire pan system
- Trash Recycle system
- Commercial quality toilet system dumping fees
- Large tarp set up for inclement weather or shade
- Thorough group safety talk prior to launch
- Launch site logistics with the river rangers choosing of campsites
** We will also assist with boat rigging as needed at the launch site and provide assistance with any pre-trip planning questions. The lead boatman/guide will be leading the rafts through rapids and providing scouting assistance where necessary. This is a great opportunity to advance your boating skills in a safety conscious environment. As commercial outfitters, we would love to share our experience and knowledge of the Main Salmon River history, hiking, special places to visit and unique experiences on and off the river.
- Trip dates: Please inquire for availability.
- $800.00 / person ** minimum 14 guests / (will accommodate smaller trips at a different cost / person)
- We will meet the afternoon before the launch date at the Corn Creek Launch site to rig our boats and then camp overnight at the put-in for the next morning’s launch.
- Shuttle will be from Corn Creek Put-in to Carey Creek Take-out. (There are several shuttle companies that provide this service. We are happy to recommend a few upon request.)
- We have one 16 foot complete raft for rent. If you do not have your own boat or have difficulty borrowing a boat, Blackadar Boating in Salmon, Idaho rents complete set ups or individual boating equipment as needed.
- We have tents, sleeping bags, pads and small and large dry bags for rent for those in need.